The British Red Cross helps people in crisis, whoever and wherever they are. And this week, you can play your part in raising life-saving funds to support them!
7-13 May is Red Cross Week, where the charity urges people and organisations across the UK to do their bit to create awareness and generate some much-needed cash that helps them keep doing what they do best.
So, for every review and photo of a QA Flooring Solutions product shared throughout the week, we will make a donation on your behalf to the British Red Cross!
What does the British Red Cross do?
They’re a UK-based humanitarian charity, and part of global voluntary network the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, who respond to everything from large conflicts and devastating natural disasters to personal emergencies.
Formed in 1870 to aid sick and wounded soldiers in time of war, the charity now helps vulnerable people at home and abroad prepare for, withstand and recover from emergencies in their communities, with a wide range of support:
- Helping reunite families separated by war, a natural disaster or migration
- Providing first aid advice and training
- Preparing families for disasters to save lives and protect livelihoods
- Emergency response to disasters, from floods to terrorist attacks
- Providing short-term loans of wheelchairs and toilet aids
- Helping refugees and asylum seekers adapt to life in a new country
- Protecting people in areas of armed conflict
Ways to get involved
You don’t need to donate a penny – we’ll do that for you. All you need to do is write a review, take a photo or record a video of our products and share it on Twitter with the hashtag #QAredcross. Remember to copy us in too @QA_Flooring.
Here are some ideas of what you could share:
- Photos of our LVT Luvanto flooring in your home or business
- A video of a fitter laying any of our wood or carpet underlays
- A user review of our next generation Breathe underlay
- A tradesman’s review of our professional flooring accessories
You share, and we’ll donate – simple!
Not bought a QA product yet?
Don’t worry, you can still play a part in raising funds. Visit the Red Cross Week website for ideas and inspiration for fundraising, and to read stories about the people the British Red Cross helps.
You can also make a direct donation on the site. £10 funds drinking water for eight people every day for a year and £20 pays for a 48-hour support package when someone returns home from hospital.